Moneygram is a quick and reliable way to transfer cash to friends and family. Using this platform, you can send money outside Kenya. On the other hand, you can also receive money or payments from other countries.
However, you can only perform the above functions if you know the steps required to make a successful cash transfer. With this article, we will show you ways you can use Moneygram Kenya.
Moneygram Kenya – How to Send Money in Person
- Visit a location, i.e. a bank or post office that offers Moneygram services near you
- Take along the following details:
- A valid form of identification where applicable
- The full name and location of the person you intend to send money. The names should match the ones on their ID.
- The money you plan to send with a transfer fee
- Fill in the required details in a form which will be given to you at the location. Return the form to the agent with the money you want to send plus the transfer fee.
- After the transaction, the agent will give you a receipt. Keep this receipt safe. Next, inform your recipient of the eight-digit reference number which the agent will provide. The number enables the recipient to collect the money at his/her location.
Apart from sending money with this method, you can send it to directly to the recipient’s bank account. If you prefer this option, you will need to provide your recipient’s bank name and account number.
Here are the steps to sending money to a bank account.
- Find a bank or agent that offers MoneyGram services.
- You should go with the following details:
- A valid form of identification where applicable.
- The full name which should match the ID of the person you want to send money. You should also have the recipient’s bank’s name and account number.
- The location of the recipient of the transfer.
- The cash you plan to send plus the transfer fee.
- You will be given a form to fill in some details. On the form, you will be required to fill in the following information.
- Your first and last name.
- A valid means of identification
- Your home address, street and city/town.
- Amount to be sent.
- Receivers address (City and Country)
- Source of Funds
- Reason for transfer
- Receivers Name (This should match the receivers means of identification)
- After filling the form, return it to the agent. Next, give the money you wish to send plus the transfer fee to the agent.
- Call your recipient. Keep your receipt safe and inform your recipient of the eight-digit reference number.
Once the transaction is complete, the money is sent to your recipient’s bank account. You should also note that there’s a maximum amount you can send per quarter.
Using any of the methods above, you can send money to any part of the world. Now let’s show you how to receive money with MoneyGram.
How to Receive Money with Moneygram Kenya
You can receive money via MoneyGram in two ways. First in person or directly to your account. If the money is sent to your account, you will receive a regular bank alert.
On the other hand, if you want to collect money in person with MoneyGram, you can do so with the following steps:
- Choose an agent’s location. Remember to take a valid means of identification with you.
- The agent will provide a “Receive” form. On this form, you will enter the following details:
- A reference number which your sender will provide for you.
- Your first name and last name.
- The amount of money you are expecting.
- Your address.
- The first and last name of the sender.
- Reason for the Transaction.
- Return the completed form and give your valid photo I.D to the agent. The money will be handed to you after this process.
You can pick up your cash as soon as 24 hours after a successful transfer. However, if you want to monitor the movement of your cash transfer, MoneyGram has features that can allow you to perform this task. Here are the steps to tracking a MoneyGram transfer.
- Visit the MoneyGram tracking portal.
- Next, input the authorization or reference number provided by the MoneyGram agent.
- Input your last name.
- Finally, click on the Track option.
If the payment has not been received after two weeks, you can easily request for a refund. You can do this by filling out a claim card. You can also ask for a photocopy.
How to Find a MoneyGram Location
In case you do not know how to get a location to send or receive MoneyGram transfer, here are some steps you can follow to find a place.
- Visit the official Moneygram website.
- In the search bar, you will see a location written depending on the location of your device. Delete and enter your choice of state or town.
The results will show you the various locations in your state or city. You can visit anyone to use any of the MoneyGram services.
Why Should You Send or Receive Money with Money Gram?
Although Western Union offers similar services, MoneyGram has some highlights which make it an ideal option for money transfers.
They include speed, security; the ability to send/receive money from outside Kenya; numerous locations around the world and the presence of an online platform. You can also obtain the exact amount of cash into your account or in person.
We hope this article has given you answers about Moneygram Kenya and all you need to know.
If You Have Any Questions Please Comment Below